For 20+ years, Ulys has represented clients entrusted to us by foreign lawyers, before French and Belgian courts.
Over the years Ulys has written a guide aimed at foreign lawyers. The overall purpose is to provide valuable information and tips to foreign practitioners.
Whether you are currently engaged in a litigation or contemplating this option, this Guide will help foreign practitioners to understand better how such litigation will take place.
To the extent possible, the author has tried to make it comprehensible for any foreign lawyer, regardless his or her country of origin.
Read each chapter
- Judicial and political bodies of the European Union
- Interaction between European and national norms
- In which country should you sue / be sued?
- Important milestones of a trial in France and Belgium
- Legal protection of author rights (copyright)
- Legal protection of a trademark
- Legal protection of a computer program
- Legal protection of a database
- Legal protection of a patent
- IP enforcement in the European Union
- Legal protection of personal data (actual situation)
- Cross-border flow of personal data (actual situation)
As a guide, it obviously cannot deal in great depth with all subjects, nor can it cover every area encompassed by this broad field.
If you need to organize a specific support or representation for your client, feel free to contact us.